Autonomous Programmable Vision ROS Tracked Robot - Discontinued
- Fully Flexible Robotics Platform – Specifically designed to provide the most flexible platform possible for research and development projects. The open chassis and platform allows for quick and easy component replacement/additions to suit your needs.
- Autonomous Development – Thanks to the versatility and strength of ROS, the robot is perfect for developing and testing your own autonomous robotics algorithms. With a ROS Melodic environment already established, adding/editing software packages to this platform comes with the full support of the ROS community.
- University Design Projects – The functionality of the platform makes it perfectly suited for design and testing of your own control systems, algorithms, and sensor arrays.
This robot is configured as listed below in the bullets. We offer options at the bottom of the page if you want to change the configuration. We can customize the robot beyond the listed option to your needs if you require something custom, Contact Us with your specifications.
- Aluminum MLT-JR Chassis
- MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set
- (Qty 2) IG32P 24VDC 75 RPM Gear Motor with Encoder
- RoboteQ SDC2160 - 2x20A 60V Motor Controller with Encoder Input
- Intel RealSense T265 Tracking Camera
- Intel RealSense D435i Depth Camera with embedded IMU
- NVIDIA Jetson Nano with Jetpack and ROS Melodic
- Wireless networking
- Logitech USB GamePad Controller
- Battery and Battery Charger included
- One Hour of Technical Support Included.
- Professional Assembly: The entire robot will be assembled, configured, tested, and supported by our professionally trained staff here in NC.
This robot has been discontinued and is no longer available. We recommend looking at our other autonomous platforms at the following link: Autonomous Robots
The ROS Vision Robot is a programmable autonomous robot built on the Robot Operating System (ROS). It is controlled using a USB gamepad and the ROS Visualization (RViz) application. Equipped with a NVIDIA Jetson Nano running Ubuntu 18.04 and ROS Melodic, it allows for quick and easy changes to the firmware and provides the most flexible platform possible. The on-board smart router hosts a WLAN for wireless interfacing or can be configured as a bridge to an existing network.
The vision sensors include the Intel RealSense T265 Tracking Camera and D435i Depth Camera. The camera input is used in conjunction with IMU and wheel encoder data to provide robust and reliable vSLAM tracking. The intergrated visual Simultanious Localization and Mapping (vSLAM) technology is processed by the T265 camera to leave plenty of computational space for AI based applications with the Jetson Nano and Jetpack libraries.
The open chassis and platform design allows for unsurpassed flexibility for your needs, research, and/or design project.