Configurable - IG32-SB4, 4WD All Terrain Robot Platform
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.0" x 19.0" x 5.5"
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - Axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft and supported by a single bearing
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speed and Payload Chart: 4WD IG32-SB Robots
- With default selected options: 4 to 12 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 4 to 40 pounds
- With default selected options: 416 feet per minute (4.7 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 118 to 416 feet per minute
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Four (4) IG32P 190 RPM gear motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Wheels: Two (2) Pair of 6 inch pneumatic wheels.
- Battery System: Two (2) Interstate 12V 8 Ah Lead Acid Battery providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Controller.
- Control System: One (1) FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4Ghz 6Ch transmitter and receiver.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-11-032 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- Upper Deck: You can choose to add either a plastic ABS or aluminum upper deck to your assembly. This is a great way to add space for any additional components you might want to add.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want us to assemble it, you must select assembly with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
- Click here to view the manual for this robot.
- Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot.
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos Choosing encoder options for Robot Kits
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- This item is Built to Order 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
These All Terrain Robots (ATRs) are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. The chassis is a rigid gusseted and welded aluminum frame that provides both a cost effective and precise body. The wheels are mounted on steel axles supported by ball bearings. Each axle/wheel is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth and reliable power. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
Configurable - IG32-SB4, 4WD All Terrain Robot Platform
- Product Code: TP-132-032
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Availability: Built to Order 2-5 Days
- This item does not qualify for free shipping