Features and Specifications
- FTDI based USB to TTL Serial Cable are designed using the the standard FT232RL chipset.
- The cables provide a fast, simple way to connect devices with a TTL level serial interface to USB.
- RX and TX LEDs indicator.
- The cables are available with a 6-way SIL, 0.1" connector.
- TTL levels is + 5.0V ; Vcc is 5V.
- Red-5v , black-GND , white-Rx , green-TX , yellow-RTX , blue-CTS
Documentation and Support
Need a Custom Cable?
We also sell a variety of serial and USB converter cables with different types of connectors. However, if you need something custum, we can make cables to your specifications! Contact us with your requests.
Our USB to TTL converter provides two way serial communications signal conversion between the TTL (Transistor Transistor Logic, 5.0V level) input/output from a PIC to and from a personal computer via virtual COM port. The USB cable installs into your PCs USB port and installs as a COM port. Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers cause the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC. Application software can access the USB device in the same way as it would access a standard COM port. This is ideal for connecting your TTL microcontroller serial communications to the PC. Today’s computers typically do not have RS232 ports on them anymore, this solves that issue by providing you a virtual COM port using the common USB port. The USB end of the cable contains a custom compact circuit board inside the housing.
The drivers can be downloaded from the FTDI site. First time installs will install 2 drivers before its ready to operate. You should only need to do this once per PC. Once installed you can remove and reinsert the cable without having to install the drivers each time. Goto to your devise manager to determine what COM port was used. Its typically the next available COM port on your PC.
USB to TTL Serial Cable, FTDI, 5V TTL
- Product Code: MCU-047-005
- Availability: 65 In stock