We base these specifications on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 15.5" x 13.5" x 4"
- Weight: 6.5 pounds
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM)
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Payload : 5 pounds
- Speed: With default selected options: 110 feet per minute (1.25 mph)
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Three (3) IG32 104 RPM Gear Motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Wheels: Set of (3) 4 inch Nexus Mecanum Wheels.
- Battery System: One (1) Lipo Battery 11.1V 220 mAh providing 1-2 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): Two (2) Roboclaw 2x7A Motor Controller
- Microcontroller: One (1) Arduino Uno Programmable Controller.
- Upper Deck: This configuration comes standard with a black ABS plastic upper deck.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-251-003 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the major cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Wheels: Choose between our 4 inch double plastic omni wheel and our 4 inch omni wheels with bearing rollers.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We only offer one type of battery for this robot kit, the LiPO 11.1V 2200 mAh. The default configuration comes with just 1 battery. You can add to the capacity and choose to have two batteries if you would like.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Microcontroller: In order for this robot to be programmable, a microcontroller is required. You can choose from several options below.
- Upper Deck: You can customize your robot to have either a ABS plastic upper deck, an aluminum upper deck or no upper deck.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
- Click here to view the manual for this robot.
- Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot.
- Example Code
- Click here to view a typical schematic for Omni wheels Robots using RC control.
- Choosing encoder options for Robot Kits
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
- This item is Built to Order 3-7 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
These triangular omni wheel Arduino robot platforms are designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This kit includes the CNC cut and bent triangular base intended for our IG32 gear motors. The chassis also has mounting holes for three PWM motor controllers. It is designed so all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors fit with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus omni wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). See our vectoring robot page for more details. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, send us your requirements.
This is a programmable robot that utilizes an Arduino microcontroller, enabling you to develop an autonomous robot. This robot comes with example code so you're able to run the robot once assembled. You can also select for us to assemble it in the options below. If assembly option is selected we will assemble, wire, program, and test the robot; It will come ready to run out of the box.
Configurable - Programmable Triangular Omni Wheel Vectoring Robot - IG32 DM
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Product Code: TP-251-003
- Availability: Built to Order 3-7 Days