We base these specifications on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 15.5" x 13.5" x 4"
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Axle Mount: Direct Mount (DM)
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Payload : With default selected options: 15 pounds
- Speed: With default selected options: 110 feet per minute (1.25 mph)
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Four (4) IG32 104 RPM Gear Motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Wheels: Set of (4)4 inch Nexus Mecanum Wheels.
- Battery System: One (1) Interstate 12V 8 Ah Lead Acid Battery providing 1-4 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): Two (2) Roboclaw 2x7A Motor Controller
- Microcontroller: One (1) Arduino Uno Programmable Controller.
- Upper Deck: This configuration comes standard with a black ABS plastic upper deck.
While we recomend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-252-004 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Wheels: Choose between our 4 inch high capacity mecanum wheels and our 4 inch plastic sleeve bearing mecanum wheels.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
- Microcontroller: In order for this robot to be programmable, a microcontroller is required. You can choose from several options below.
- Upper Deck: You can customize your robot to have either a ABS plastic upper deck, an aluminum upperdeck or no upper deck.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assemble with encoders in the options section. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Built to Order 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This mecanum wheel Arduino robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG32 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omnidirectional wheels. The chassis is cut on our CNC plasma table and bent on our CNC break press. It's made of 3/32" thick Aluminum. The chassis also has mounting holes for four PWM motor controllers. It is designed so all our planetary IG32 and IG32P gear motors with or without encoders. It is NOT intended for our right angle IG32 gear motors. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus omni or mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). See our vectoring robot page for more details. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, send us your requirements.
This is a programmable robot that uses an Arduino microcontroller, enabling you to develop an autonomous robot. This robot comes with example code so you're able to run the robot once assembled. Another option we offer is an RC controller to be able to drive this robot manually. If you select one of the RC controllers, download the Arduino code for RC override from the GitHub. You can also select for us to assemble it in the options below. If the assembly option is selected we will assemble, wire, program, and test the robot. It will come ready to run out right of the box.
Configurable - Programmable Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot - IG32 DM
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Product Code: TP-252-004
- Availability: Built to Order 2-5 Days
- This item does not qualify for free shipping