This kit has been replaced by TP-261-000.
- The robot weighs about 120lbs with motors, batteries, and lawnmower.
- The total length of the robot: 41 inches, total width (frame): 21 inches, total height: 16 inches.
- Welded Steel Frame Robot Chassis for Yard Machine 21" deck.
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started.
- 10" pneumatic drive wheels, 6" pneumatic caster wheels, Shafts, Sprockets, Chains, etc.
- IG52 24V 136RPM gear motors. (Qty 2)(different motors can be selected in the options below).
- 2x25 Motor controller (Qty 1)
- 12V 18Ahr SLA batteries (Qty 2).
- Battery charger.
- Unpainted. (you can select for us to paint it in the options below)
- Lawnmower NOT included. (you can select for us to include the lawnmower in the options below)
- Unassembled, Manual included. Or you can select full assembly and we will assemble and test it for you.
Documentation and Support
- A complete manual is provided for assembly at the time of purchase.
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos
This is something every homeowner needs! A Kit that easily converts a 21inch Yard Machines Lawnmower into a robot that can be driven with remote control or for the adventurous made to cut the lawn autonomously.
We have built many remote control lawnmowers over the years and keep getting request for a DIY kit. Well here it is. This up fit kit will allow you to take a standard YardMachines 21inch lawnmower (found at Home Depot, etc.) and easily modify it to mount to this chassis. The lawnmower is not included, but if you wish you can select for us to include it in the options below. The kit is designed to work only with the 21" yard machine. We can easily modify this kit to work with other lawnmower decks if needed, just contact us for a custom robot quote.
The frame of this robot is made from tube steel and heavy guage steel cut on our CNC plasma table. It's welded together in a jig we set up so the 21 inch Yard Machine lawnmower inserts into the frame using the existing wheel mounts, which also lets you set the height of the deck.
The robot is driven by the provided 10inch tires in the back driven by heavy duty IG52 gear motors and #35 chain and sprockets. The 6 inch casters in the front allow easy maneuverability. Since it's only 2WD, it is not recommended on very hilly or rough lawns as it may struggle with traction. We can make a 4WD platform for those that have more demanding lawns that need a remote cut, contact us for a custom robot.
Lawn Mower Chassis Upfit Robot Package - IG52 DB - DISCONTINUED
- Product Code: TP-260-000
- Availability: Discontinued