- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Ethernet Controller: W5100
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
Documentation and Support
- Alternate Ethernet Library (W5100)
A cost-effective alternative to the Ardunio ethernet shield. This Ethernet Shield will work with an Arduino Board to connect to the Internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 Ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to eight simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches that connect to the Internet using the Shield. The Ethernet Shield 2 connects to an Arduino Board using long wire-wrap headers extending through the Shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another Shield to be stacked on top of it.
There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with the Arduino Uno and Mega (using the Ethernet library). The onboard micro-SD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4. The original revision of the Shield contained a full-size SD card slot; this is not supported.
This shield needs to be manually reset after power-up.
- Can be connected to the Arduino Board by simply plugging this module for network assistance
- Based on the Wiznet W5100 Ethernet chip
- Long wire-wrap headers enable a smooth connection
Wiznet W5100 Ethernet Shield V1
- Product Code: MCU-092-000
- Availability: 17 In stock