ST Robotics R17 Robotic Arm - DISCONTINUED
- Long reach 5-axis articulated format, optional 6th axis.
- Easy mounting of tools, grippers, sensors etc.
- Fully enclosed; pneumatics and wiring go through the arm, not strapped to the outside.
- Free simple intuitive teach pad
- Cartesian and individual joint control modes.
- User friendly software, English language commands.
- Input/output interfacing.
- Non-volatile memory.
- R17 is supplied ready to run -- robot, controller, all cables, Windows GUI project manager, teach pad
- Optional pneumatic or electric grippers, vacuum pickup, tool changers.
- Incremental encoder watchdogs
- On-screen manuals.
- Optional linear track, I/O expansion, bluetooth teachpad, TCP/IP.
- Drives: High power micro-stepped hybrid stepping motors, with incremental encoder watchdogs.
- Reach: 750mm/30ins in any direction; 360 degree waist rotation.
- Payload (standard): nominal 2Kg, max 3Kg.
- Repeatability: 0.2mm (see note).
- Droop at 500mm at nominal payload: 1.0mm
- Droop at max reach with max payload: 6.0mm
- Maximum speed:
- Waist: 150 deg/sec
- Shoulder: 90 deg/sec
- Elbow: 130 deg/sec
- Wrist Tilt: 320 deg/sec
- Wrist Rotation: 320 deg/sec
- 6th Axis Roll: 330 deg/sec
- Max linear speed: approx 800mm/s
- Max torque for pitch or roll: 2 Nm (repeatability figures degrade with increasing torque).
- Weight: 5-axis 22.0Kg/49lbs, 6-axis 23.0Kg/52lbs, Controller 11kg/25lbs.
- Power Requirement: 110/240v ac 420VA (standard controller).
- Environment: IP 54A, 0 - 40C (wider range optional).
- MTBF: 20,000 hours (typically over a million cycles).
- Finish: White powder-coat plus white vacuum formed ABS plastic covers. Optional high impact polystyrene covers.
- Arm Version:
- Standard 5-Axis Arm
- 6-Axis Arm
- 5-Axis High Payload Arm
- 5-Axis High Speed Arm
- End Effectors:
- EG17 Electric parallel gripper (attach custom fingers)
- Pneumatic gripper (attach custom fingers)
- Vacuum pickup
- Tool change: The TC12 automatic tool changer is entirely passive requiring no wiring or pneumatics to operate. However it has pass-thrus for electrics and pneumatics. It can pick up a pneumatic gripper or vacuum pickup, electric gripper or connect to any electric/electronic device for example a USB device. Comes with tool rack to hold end effectors.
- Buetooth Teachpad The Bluetooth teach console is a 7 inch tablet running Android, currently Asus Memopad or Amazon Fire. It provides the ability to teach the robot close up without the cable required for the simple teach pad. It also provides many more functions that make it easier to position the gripper or tool.
- Contact us to discuss these options.
- Upon ordering the robotic arm, shipping will be calculated and added after checkout.
- The arm will be drop shipped from ST Robotics.
- The arm ships in special transport cases. The cost of the transport cases will be added after checkout but is fully refundable if returned.
- Please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery. Contact us if you need it sooner.
SuperDroid Robots is an authorized partner with ST Robotics. Please submit your order as a quotation request using our online cart. (For help using our online cart for a quotation request click here). We will contact you with the best possible price and delivery time.
ST Robotics provides robotic arms that are affordable, easy to set up and use, and easily programmed by any individual regardless of experience. SuperDroid Robots is a proud Strategic Partner with ST Robotics. We can provide the robotic arm as-is, integrate into one of our standard robot platforms, or integrate it into a custom robotic solution. Contact us to discuss any of these options.
The R17 is a low-cost entry to robotics, fast, accurate and reliable and easy to program. It has a long reach and therefore a larger and much more useful workspace than comparable machines. Originally designed by a Russian engineer in our Cambridge location, the mechanics are simple and phenomenally reliable. There are R17 Mk1s in service which have been running 3 shifts a day for ten years without failure; in fact, we give a 2-year warranty. The R17 is a complete self-contained five-axis vertically articulated robot arm system designed as a cost-effective solution for processes requiring long reach or difficult access. Applications include product testing, sample handling, parts handling, machine feeding, welding, spraying, sound measurement and many more. It is easy to apply and program yet is capable of the most intricate tasks.
The Mk5 uses new lightweight, high speed, high-efficiency hybrid stepping motors with intelligent micro-stepping for both power and speed and for low-speed precision when required. Each motion of the robot is monitored by the encoders that stop all motion in the event of a collision or other problem. The Mk5 package includes the new Mk5 controller that again is simple and reliable using a partnership of CPU and DSP microprocessors and compact MOSFET drives. ROBOFORTH II embedded software gets you started easily yet permits the most complex motions, interfaces, and peripherals to be programmed, assisted by ROBWIN project manager that brings everything together on one Windows screen. Everyone who uses this system agrees it is the most flexible robot software on the planet. You'll find it a joy to use.
The 6th axis is a unique way to make 6 axes optional, being an add-on module with a miniature stepping motor driving through a Swiss anti-backlash gearbox.
ST Robotics R17 Robotic Arm - DISCONTINUED
- Product Code: TP-720-R17
- Availability: Discontinued