5V Switching Regulator Board Kit - DISCONTINUED
Features and Specifications
- Model: DE-SW050
- Up to 30V input range
- 83% typical efficiency, up to 87%
- <2% ripple
- 1A output (continuous)
- 1.25A peak output (1 min)
- 1.3V typical dropout voltage at full load
- Can be put in parallel
- Battery powered applications
- Point of load voltage regulation
- Any application where a linear or LDO regulator is dissipating too much heat or a large heatsink is undesirable
This is a regulator board. It has a terminal strip with a common ground, input, and 5VDC output. Includes fuse, filter, and power LED. It uses a Dimension Engineering Switching Power Supply for maximum efficiency and isolation.
The switch mode voltage regulator is designed to be the easiest possible way to add the benefits of switch-mode power to a new or existing project. The switching regulator will allow you to take a higher voltage and it step down a 5V output in a compact, efficient manner. The switching regulator is pin-compatible with the common 78XX family of linear voltage regulators used in TE-045-000.
We use these in our ATRs to supply a regulated isolated efficient 5V supply from a battery to our motor controllers and/or RC receiver. The board is spaced out on 0.1" or more grid that is easy to solder with no surface mount components. The board is about 1.25" square.