5V 1A Switching Voltage Regulator - DISCONTINUED
Features and Specifications
- Up to 30V input range
- 83% typical efficiency, up to 87%
- >2% ripple
- 1A output (continuous)
- 1.25A peak output (1 min)
- 1.3V typical dropout voltage at full load
- Can be put in parallel
- Battery powered applications
- Point of load voltage regulation
- Electronics prototyping
- Any application where a linear or LDO regulator is dissipating too much heat or a large heatsink is undesirable
This switch mode voltage regulator made by Dimension Engineering is designed to be the easiest possible way to add the benefits of switch-mode power to a new or existing project. The switching regulator will allow you to take a higher voltage and it step down a 5V output in a compact, efficient manner. They have integrated decoupling capacitors, so external capacitors are not generally necessary. The switching regulator is pin-compatible with the common 78XX family of linear voltage regulators used in TE-045-005.
We also offer this voltage regulator in a board layout.