VIPR - Configurable Compact Indoor Autonomous Platform
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 20.7" x 19.2" x 12"
- Weight: 58 pounds
- Load Capacity: 200 pounds
- Speed: ~1.3mph (~115 feet per minute)
Internal components are subject to change.
- LIDAR: Hokuyo UST-10LX Scanning Laser Pathfinder
- Camera: Intel RealSense Depth Camera D435
- Orientation: UM7 Orientation Sensor
- LAN: 5 Port Ethernet Switch Module
- WLAN: 2.4GHz Mikrotik Routerboard with omni directional antennas
- Motor Controller: RoboteQ MDC2460 2x60A 60V
- Computer: NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier
- Motors: 80RPM Wheelchair Motor with Encoder
- Batteries: LiFePO4 Batteries
- Fully Flexible Robotics Platform: The VIPR's design makes it ideal for research and development. The open chassis design makes it easy to add/replace components to fit your needs.
- Transportation Platform: With the addition of a carrying platform, the VIPR can transport payloads of up to 200 pounds. Transport heavy items in the office, warehouse, or storage facility with ease!
- University Design Projects: Design and test control systems, algorithms, and sensor arrays. The functionality of the VIPR platform is perfect for robotics projects.
- Charging Station: Automatically charge your VIPR platform! The charging station allows your VIPR to dock and automatically begin charging. The VIPR can autonomously path to its station after completing its duties, or be sent there on command!
- Extended LIDAR Range: The VIPR's standard LIDAR system helps detect up to 10 meters away from the platform. With the upgraded LIDAR system, the VIPR can 'see' twice as far, improving its ability to react to changes around it!
- Protective Outer Casing: Protect your VIPR with a durable outer shell. This casing can be customized to your specifications!
- Additional Custom Features: Need your VIPR loaded out with special equipment? Have a specific feature you want added? Let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen!
- SuperDroid Robots will repair any manufacturing defects for 1 year after shipment.
- Damage from abuse or neglect will not be covered.
- Any shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Unlimited technical support.
- Consumable items will not be covered by the warranty. Consumable items include, but are not limited to treads/tracks, bearings, wheels, and batteries.
- Warranty can be selected or deselected in the options below. If no warranty is selected, standard warranty terms apply (See Standard Warranty Terms)
- This item is Built to Order 10-16 weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The VIPR (Versatile Indoor Platform Robot) is a configurable Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) built by SuperDroid Robots. This robot accepts programmed waypoints and then develops an optimal path. Powerful LiFePO4 batteries and a set of 250W motors power this mobile platform. You can use it to transport items, or add custom attachments for your own projects! Using a suite of advanced cameras and sensors, the VIPR detects and avoids obstacles. The path updates in real-time to address obstacles and reach its destination.
The VIPR has a variety of sensors, each with its own purpose. The Intertial Measurement Unit (IMU) assists with navigation and mapping. Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) provides information and data on the VIPR's surroundings. Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) helps create a map of that data for the robot to use.
LIDAR, SLAM, Intel Realsense, and other sensors collect a constant stream of data. This data is then sent to a ROS environment in an NVIDIA® Jetson Xavier for processing. This serves as the brain of the VIPR, using the information to make real-time decisions. This is what allows the VIPR to identify objects, avoid obstacles, and determine an ideal path.
The VIPR can operate on all indoor surfaces, as well as overcome thresholds up to 3/4". Designed for indoor applications, the VIPR is great for use in warehouses and offices. This platform is ideal for maintaining social distancing and for carrying sanitation systems. It's capable of creating an optimal path to its destination in both known and unknown areas. It accomplishes this with a suite of LIDAR, camera, and encoder sensors. These sensors help position the robot and see changes in its surroundings. It can map unknown areas through the use of SLAM, making navigation even easier! SLAM also helps generate maps of those unknown areas. The system can accept uploaded maps to help improve accuracy and identify destinations.
- Dynamic Pathing: The VIPR is capable of creating an optimal path to its destination in both known and unknown areas. It accomplishes this with a suite of LIDAR, camera, and encoder sensors. These sensors help position the robot and see changes in its surroundings.
- Obstacle Avoidance: An extensive sensor system allows the VIPR to detect and avoid obstacles in real-time. LIDAR provides a broad view using point clouds, while cameras detect small obstacles. This information is then used to correct and plan an optimal route.
- Follow Command The optional Follow program allows the VIPR to serve as your own personal platform! It will follow you throughout the area while carrying whatever you need.
- Easy to Modify: We built the VIPR for easy customization and personalization. Each VIPR allows for easy modification and inclusion of attachments. Use it to transport items and maintain social distance. Attach a sanitizing system to clean indoor facilities with minimal human exposure. The VIPR offers the versatility to tackle any problem.
- Autonomous Development: The VIPR comes with an established ROS Melodic environment. The versatility of ROS is perfect for developing your own autonomous robotic algorithms. The ROS community makes adding or editing software packages even easier.
VIPR - Configurable Compact Indoor Autonomous Platform
- Product Code: TP-301-002
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Availability: Built to Order 10-16 weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping