These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16" x 14" x 4.7"
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speed and Payload Chart: Tracked Robots
- With default selected options: 8 to 15 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 5 to 20 pounds
- With default selected options: 134 feet per minute (1.5 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 86 to 240 feet per minute
This is our recommended loadout for the TP-231-042 and includes everything listed below. Other options are detailed in the available options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes fully assembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Two (2) IG42 122 RPM Right Angle Gear Motors with Encoders and One (1) IG42 47 RPM Gear Motor for flipper arms.
- Tracks: One (1) MLT-42 Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set.
- Flipper Arms: MLT-42 flipper arm pair with all required bearings and hardware.
- Battery System: Two(2) 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Batteries providing roughly 2 hours of operation.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Controller.
- Control System: One (1) FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4Ghz 6Ch transmitter and receiver.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-231-042 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the major cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of Sabertooth, RoboteQ and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Flipper Motor Controllers: You can choose which motor controller you would like to have with the flipper arm.
- Bottom Cover: A bottom cover comes standard in this robot package. You can choose to not include one if you prefer.
- Assembly: This robot comes fully assembled by our engineering team. If you would like encoders, please select them in the motors section and select assemble wit encoders in the assembly section.
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
- This item is Built to Order 1-2 Weeks.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The MLT-42-F is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The MLT-42-F comes with motorized flipper arms that allow the robot to climb obstacles and flip itself over if upside down. The robot is invertible meaning it can drive upside down.
The main body of the robot is a welded aluminum chassis and is driven by the wheel and track set. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The drive wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The molded 4 ply seamless tracks offer exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
Configurable - MLT-42-F Tracked Robot Platform - Assembled
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Product Code: TP-231-042
- Availability: Built to Order 1-2 Weeks