Configurable - IG42-DB2, 2WD Mobile Robot Platform - DISCONTINUED
- Includes chassis, wheels, wheel shaft, chain and sprockets, etc.
- Qty. 2 IG42 24VDC gear motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Qty. 2 12V 7Ahr lead acid batteries.
- Battery charger.
- Sabertooth 2x12 RC motor controller.
- Fully assembled.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive.
- Axle Mount: Bearing in wheel.
- Speed: About 110 ft/min with 340 RPM motors and 32:10 reduction (for different RPM motors, use our robot speed calculator).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.5 x 16.25 x 6 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 26lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 100lbs (with 340 RPM motors).
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Discontinued.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This All Terrain Robots (ATR) is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This is a prebuilt 2WD robot that uses our IG42 motors. The wheels are located in the back of the robot and are chain driven with a 32:10 reduction. The bearing is in the wheel, which rotates around a stationary shaft. An single omni wheel serves a the caster/idler wheel in the front. This configuration allows the robot to handle high payloads. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels). See our ATR page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
The advantage of using this platform over one of our 4WD platforms is that it can support heavy loads while still being able to turn well. Since it only has two drive wheels and a caster wheel, the robot is able to turn freely instead of having to skid or overcome the friction of another set of wheels.