Programmable Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot Kit - IG42 SB - DISCONTINUED
- Wheels: 6 inch Nexus Mecanum Wheels - Ball Bearing
- Wheel hubs and shafts: 1/2 Inch Nexus Robot Aluminum Wheel Hub with 1/2" 8mm adaptor shaft
- Motors: Qty. 4 IG42 24VDC Right Angle 122 RPM. (Qty 4)
- Controller: Arduino Uno Programmable Controller (Qty. 1) (Additional controllers are available as options)
- Motor Controller: Qty. 2 Sabertooth Dual 25A Motor Driver (Qty. 2) One per two motors
- Voltage Regulator: Qty. 1 12V 60 Watt DC-DC Converter
- Battery: Qty. 2 12V SLA battery with 7Ahrs of capacity providing a 2-4 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available as options)
- Includes battery charger
- Mecanum Vectoring Robot Chassis - IG42 SB
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started
- The total weight of this robot is about 30-35 lbs. depending on the configuration
- Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option)
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Direct drive.
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - the axles are direct driven by the motor and supported by a single ball bearing.
- Speed: 190 ft/min (with 122 RPM motors and 6" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 22.5 x 18.7 x 6 inches (wheel height, without batteries).
- Weight: Approximately 30lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 50 lbs. (smooth floor).
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
We also offer the option to control this robot with a Spektrum RC controller. If you'd like this option select one of the RC Controllers listed below and download the arduino code from the GitHub. We have posted code that will work with Sabertooth motor controllers. PWMs can also be used but the code will need to be altered slightly. To control it manually, you can drive forward/backward and vector with the right joystick while the left joystick does pivot turns.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For more information, check out these blog posts
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item usually ships within 3-7 days depending on volume
- Assembly adds a couple more days
- Need it faster? Contact us
The video below shows the mecanum wheels in action.
This mecanum wheel Arduino robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG42 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omni directional wheels. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by a flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support. It is designed to fit our right angle IG42 gear motors. All of the standard in line IG42 motors will not work on this platform. This robot platform is specifically designed for direct driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this programmable robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us .
This kit is perfect for creation of an Autonomous robot. We offer a wide variety of sensors to develop autonomy. We also offer a RC override option so you can control the robot with a Spektrum controller.