Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot - IG42 DB - DISCONTINUED
This item has been discontinued. See Programmable Mecanum Wheel Vectoring Robot - IG42 DB
- Mecanum Vectoring Robot Platform Base - IG42 DB
- All the electrical connectors, wires, etc. and hardware needed to get you started
- 6 inch Mecanum Wheel and Shaft Set
- IG42 24V 122RPM gear motors. (Qty. 4) (different motors can be selected in the options below)
- PWM Motor Controller (Qty. 4) One per motor
- 12V 7Ah SLA battery (Qty. 2) of capacity providing a 2-5 hours of operation depending on use (Additional battery options are available)
- Includes battery charger
- Unassembled (assembly can be selected as an option)
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:15 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two sealed ball bearings.
- Speed: 130 ft/min (with 122 RPM motors, 10:15 reduction, and 6" wheels). Different motors can be selected below to adjust the speed. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different motors.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 21.6 x 17.8 x 6 inches (wheel height, without batteries).
- Weight: Approximately 40lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 100 lbs. (smooth floor).
Available Options(Selected Below)
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, speed, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Discontinued.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This mecanum wheel robot platform is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. This robot kit includes the CNC cut 4WD base intended for our IG42 gear motors and Nexus Mecanum wheels or omnidirectional wheels. The chassis is a rigid gusseted aluminum frame (1/8") that is precisely fabricated using state of the art CNC equipment. Each wheel is supported by two flanged, double-sealed ball bearing for extra support and chain driven. It is designed for any of our planetary IG42 gear motors with or without encoders. This platform is also specifically designed for chain driving with Nexus mecanum wheels and hubs (listed in the options below). This robot is a vectoring version of the IG42 DB Heavy Duty ATR. See our vectoring robot page for more details about our All Terrain Robots. If you need this robot customized beyond the provided options below, Contact us.