VIPR-L Configurable Heavy-Duty Indoor Autonomous Platform
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 32" x 21.3" x 12.3"
- Weight: 119 pounds
- Load Capacity: 200 pounds
- Speed: ~3mph (~260 feet per minute)
Internal components are subject to change.
- LIDARs: Hokuyo UST-10LX Scanning Laser Pathfinder
- Cameras: Intel RealSense Depth Camera D435
- Orientation: UM7 Orientation Sensor
- LAN: 5 Port Ethernet Switch Module
- WLAN: 2.4GHz Mikrotik Routerboard with omni directional antennas
- Motor Controller: RoboteQ MDC2460 2x60A 60V
- Computer: NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier
- Motors: 24VDC 120 RPM Wheelchair Motors
- Batteries: 24V (2x12V) 35Ah SLA Batteries
- Fully Flexible Robotics Platform: The VIPR-L's design makes it ideal for research and development. The open chassis design makes it easy to add/replace components to fit your needs.
- Transportation Platform: With the addition of a carrying platform, the VIPR-L can transport payloads of up to 200 pounds. Transport heavy items in the office, warehouse, or storage facility with ease!
- University Design Projects: Design and test control systems, algorithms, and sensor arrays. The functionality of the VIPR-L platform is perfect for robotics projects.
- Charging Station: Automatically charge your VIPR platform! The charging station allows your VIPR to dock and automatically begin charging. The VIPR can autonomously path to its station after completing its duties, or be sent there on command!
- Extended LIDAR Range: The VIPR's standard LIDAR system helps detect up to 10 meters away from the platform. With the upgraded LIDAR system, the VIPR can 'see' twice as far, improving its ability to react to changes around it!
- UVC Light System: Attach a powerful ultraviolet light system to your VIPR! This system can be used to sanitize heavy-traffic spaces with the power of UVC lights. Kill bacteria and viruses before they can spread!
- Protective Outer Casing: Protect your VIPR with a durable outer shell. This casing can be customized to your specifications!
- Removable Adjustable Shelf: A sturdy modular shelf that connects to the VIPR platform. This shelf is great for warehouse distribution systems, moving inventory around quickly, and can handle heavy payloads!
- Additional Custom Features: Need your VIPR loaded out with special equipment? Have a specific feature you want to be added? Let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen!
- SuperDroid Robots will repair any manufacturing defects for 1 year after shipment.
- Damage from abuse or neglect will not be covered.
- Any shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Unlimited technical support.
- Consumable items will not be covered by the warranty. Consumable items include, but are not limited to treads/tracks, bearings, wheels, and batteries.
- Warranty can be selected or deselected in the options below. If no warranty is selected, standard warranty terms apply (See Standard Warranty Terms)
- This item is Built to Order 10-16 weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The VIPR (Versatile Indoor Platform Robot) is a configurable Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) built by SuperDroid Robots and customized to fit the client's needs. This robot accepts programmed waypoints and then develops an optimal path. Powerful SLA batteries and a set of 250W motors power this mobile platform. You can use it to transport items or add custom attachments for your own projects! Using a suite of advanced cameras and sensors, the VIPR-L detects and and intelligently navigates its way around obstacles, moving objects and people. The path updates in real-time to address obstacles and reach its destination.
The VIPR has a variety of sensors, each with its own purpose. The Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) assists with navigation and mapping. Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) provides information and data on the VIPR's surroundings. A fusion of this data through Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) helps create a map of that data for the robot to use and generate live.
LiDAR, SLAM, Intel Realsense depth cameras, inertial sensors and more collect a constant stream of data. This data is then sent to a ROS environment in an NVIDIA® Jetson Xavier for processing. This serves as the brain of the VIPR-L, using the information to make real-time decisions. This is what allows the VIPR-L to identify objects, avoid obstacles and determine an ideal path.
The VIPR-L can operate on all indoor surfaces, as well as overcome thresholds up to 3/4". Designed for indoor applications, the VIPR-L is great for use in warehouses and offices. This platform is ideal for maintaining social distancing and for carrying sanitation systems. It's capable of creating an optimal path to its destination in both known and unknown areas. Onboard sensors help position the robot and detect changes in its surroundings. The VIPR-L can map unknown areas of interest through SLAM, making navigation even easier! The system can accept uploaded maps to help improve accuracy and identify destinations, waypoints and points of interest.
- Dynamic Pathing: The VIPR-L is capable of creating an optimal path to its destination in both known and unknown areas. It accomplishes this with a suite of LiDAR, cameras and sensors. These sensors help position the robot and detect changes in its surroundings.
- Obstacle Avoidance: An extensive sensor system allows the VIPR-L to detect and avoid obstacles in real-time. LiDAR provides a broad view using point clouds, while cameras detect small obstacles. This information is then used to correct and plan an optimal route.
- Follow Command The optional Follow program allows the VIPR-L to serve as your own personal platform! It will follow you throughout the area while carrying whatever you need.
- Easy to Modify: We built the VIPR-L for easy customization and personalization. Each VIPR-L allows for easy modification and inclusion of attachments. Use it to transport items and maintain social distance. Attach a sanitizing system to clean indoor facilities with minimal human exposure. The VIPR-L offers the versatility to tackle any problem.
- Autonomous Development: The VIPR-L comes with an established ROS Melodic environment. The versatility of ROS is perfect for developing your own autonomous robotic algorithms. The ROS community makes adding or editing software packages even easier.
VIPR-L Configurable Heavy-Duty Indoor Autonomous Platform
- Product Code: TP-301-001
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Availability: Built to Order 10-16 weeks
- This item does not qualify for free shipping