- One Zumo Shield: The Zumo Shield is designed specifically to be a convenient interface between a Zumo chassis and an Arduino Uno or Arduino Leonardo. The shield mounts directly to the chassis, connecting to its battery terminals and motors, and the Arduino plugs into the shield's male header pins, face down. The shield provides all the electronics necessary to power the motors and includes some additional fun components for making a more interesting robot, such as a buzzer for making sounds and a 3- axis accelerometer and compass.
- One Zumo Chassis Kit: The Pololu Zumo chassis kit contains the components necessary to build a small, high- performance tracked robot platform that is compact enough to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions. Here's the complete description of the Zumo Chassis Kit.
- One Zumo blade: This sumo blade (sometimes also called a "scoop") is intended for use with the Zumo chassis. It is made of 0.036"-thick, laser-cut stainless steel, and it ships flat as shown in the product picture. The two tabs must be bent to an angle of approximately 70° before it can be mounted to the front of the Zumo chassis.
The kit does not include motors, they are linked as options at the bottom of the page.
Required Accessories(not included)
- Two micro metal gearmotors. Superdroid Robots offers three different micro metal gearmotor options: 50:1, 75:1, and 100:1. You can add these to your order by selecting a gearmotor from Item Options below.
|Micro Metal Gearmotors|
|Top Zumo Speed
|100:1 HP||320 RPM||25 in/s||(65 cm/s)||30 oz.in||1600 mA|
|75:1 HP||400 RPM||32 in/s||(80 cm/s)||22 oz.in||1600 mA|
|50:1 HP||625 RPM||50 in/s||(130 cm/s)||15 oz.in||1600 mA|
- Four AA batteries. The Zumo chassis works with both alkaline and NiMH batteries, though we recommend rechargeable NiMH cells.
- An Arduino. The Zumo Shield works with both the Arduino Uno and the Arduino Leonardo. It is not compatible with the Arduino Mega or Due, but it can be used with older Arduinos that have the same form factor as the Uno, such as the Duemilanove.
Documentation and Support
This combination deal contains most of the parts you need to build an Arduino-controlled Zumo robot. It consists of a Zumo Shield for Arduino, a Zumo chassis kit, and a Zumo blade. You will also need a pair of micro metal gear motors, four AA batteries, and an Arduino to complete your Zumo robot (motors, batteries, and Arduino sold separately). This product is a kit; assembly (including soldering) is required.
Pololu Zumo Robot Kit for Arduino
- Product Code: TP-350-000
- Availability: 17 In stock