SuperDroid Robots Inc. is always looking for talented individuals. Everything is in house, starting with engineering and design. Our in-house facility has a range of fabrication equipment from CNC plasma cutters, CNC breaks, welding, CNC mills, and lathes to manual mills and lathes. We do all the fabrication, assembly, programming, and testing ourselves. All website development, photography, videography, marketing, advertising, sales, inventory management, shipping, and technical support is also all done in-house. All this requires talented individuals with specialized skill-sets.
SuperDroid Robots is located just south of Raleigh, North Carolina, which makes it a great place to work and live. The City of Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina, home to several colleges and universities, with a vibrant performing arts community. Fueled by an impressive mix of education, ingenuity and collaboration, North Carolina's capital city has become an internationally recognized leader in life science and technology innovation. The Raleigh area consistently ranks as one of the top areas in the nation to live.
We make our company a fun place to work. After all, we build and sell robots! There aren’t many jobs that offer the benefit of being involved in every step, from design to completion! If you want to join our winning team, send your resume to us along with a cover letter and tell us about your talents, experience, and ambitions.
The people that work at SuperDroid Robots
SuperDroid Robots’ employees enjoy working here at our robot shop. The atmosphere is fun, and the work is exciting and challenging. Building robots that are state-of-the art at affordable prices requires a lot of talent. The ability to solve problems, work hard, meet schedule, and have fun is a must. The market of robotics is exploding, and as the market grows, so does our demand. To meet the demand, we need outstanding employees. To see more about our existing employees, see our About Us page.
Resources at SuperDroid Robots
In order to design, develop, and program state-of-the-art robots, we have great resources. We have more than twice as many computers as we do employees to ensure each employee has the full resources needed to be efficient in designing, developing, and programming robots. Some of our software includes:
- CADSoft Eagle for PCB Design
- Microsoft Office, Corel Suites, Adobe Elements, etc.
- Visual Basic (VB)
- PICBASIC Pro
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft Embedded
- Linux Embedded
In order to build state-of-the-art robots, SuperDroid Robots needs state-of-the-art equipment. Our on-site digital machine shop is the cornerstone of our in-house turnkey production model. Our facility uses several CNC machines, including one of which we designed and built from scratch. These enable us to build most products from beginning to end. Our equipment includes:
- CNC 3 axis Mills
- CNC Lathe with air collet, Variable Speed Drive, Auto Tool Changer
- CNC break press
- 5ft x 12ft CNC high definition plasma cutting table
- 4-axis CNC Router (designed and built by us to fit our needs)
- Mill with DRO (Digital Read Out)
- Lathe with DRO
We build our own Printed Circuit Boards (PCB). Our equipment includes:
- Stencil Equipment for applying Solder paste
- PCB Pick and Place Machines with dual vision systems for precise component placement
- Large PCB programmable oven
- Multiple programmable and manual rework stations
We have a large 10,000 sq ft facility for all our equipment that is climate-controlled. We also have loads of hand tools and other equipment including:
- Paint booth along with all the spraying and application equipment
- Multiple Air Compressors and air dryers and regulators
- Sand Blaster
- Bead Blaster
- Enormous selection of handheld and bench top tools
In order to fabricate robots, welding is essential. Our welding equipment includes:
- Large High Frequency TIG Welders
- Handheld Plasma cutting equipment
- MIG welding including push and pull wire feeding guns
These tools allow us to build virtually anything in-house. Of Course we cannot run any of this equipment without outstanding employees. Our growth continues each year, and we are always looking for talented people to help us expand our reach.
Send Your Resume for Consideration:
Resumes should be sent that demonstrate education and/or specific experience in as many of these areas as possible. This is a job which is funded by multiple jobs and our continued rapid growth in the robotics market. The jobs will require full time daily employment in Fuquay-Varina (South of Raleigh). Part time employment will be entertained on a case by case basis. Please send your resume and relevant experience to our email at [email protected]. We will entertain full or part time, salary with benefits, hourly, etc.
Purchasing Coordinator (Full Time Position)
SuperDroid Robots is a 20+ year old company that designs and fabricates robots to solve numerous business challenges from protecting SWAT team members to inspecting crawl spaces and many more custom solutions. The company is based in the Raleigh, NC area and has robots in every US state and in over 80 countries across the globe.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for facilitating procurement services through strategic sourcing, competitive bidding, supplier/vendor management, and other activities driving cost-savings, operational efficiencies, and process improvements.
This position will work onsite at our office in Fuquay-Varina, NC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with building policies, templates, workflows, and processes around all sourcing and procurement activities.
- Implement inventory optimization strategies within the company
- Establish and build strong relationships with suppliers local and regional
- Conduct spend analysis by category, budgeting, and forecasting to identify cost-reduction opportunities within the existing contract and non-contracted areas.
- Managing supplier databases and other tools that support supplier evaluation criteria and supplier selection.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance desired.
- General accounting knowledge is desired.
- Minimum 3 years of procurement experience, including procurement lifecycle management and negotiation skills preferred.
- General understanding of contract terms.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multitask with ease utilizing solid project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with and influence others within a diverse, fast-paced environment, as well as work independently, as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Web/Internet/e-mail, and general computing technology.
Working at SuperDroid Robots
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth company with flexible hours and time off, health insurance, and a fun team of hard-working robot enthusiasts. This position includes a fair base salary of $40,000-50,000.
About SuperDroid Robots
SuperDroid Robots is a well-known and respected name in the robotics industry and traditionally grew through word-of-mouth and inbound (online sales). We’ve built robots and sold robot parts to many well-known companies and we have specialized robots for building inspectors, police departments, hazmat units, and university robotic teams.
This position requires experience in electrical assembly as well as mechanical fabrication. The application of this experience will be used in the construction of custom products for a variety of customers to include commercial, law enforcement, government, and university research.
"Hands-on" experience is a must. Applicant must be able to problem solve and complete tasks independently with aggressive schedule constraints. Please send resume and relevant experience to this listing. Will entertain salary with benefits, contract, hourly, etc. Local applicants only – no relocation. Thank you
This position consists of fabrication and assembly of production and custom mobile robotic platforms, robotic arms, and related products. Although we do not expect individuals to have all these skills, experience with many is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects independently.
- Ability to learn new processes.
- Ability to work independently and with others as needed.
Mechanical Fabricator skill set with the following specific requirements:
- Mechanical assembly and fabrication. Machining experience.
- Metal Fabrication.
- Plastics and wood fabrication.
- Drilling and Tapping metal.
- Manual Mill and Lathe machining.
- CNC Router, CNC Mill, 3D Printer familiarity.
- Welding using MIG or TIG.
Electrical Technician skill set with the following specific requirements:
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly skills including surface mount and through hole assembly.
- Electrical Wiring (DC low voltage systems).
- Controls wiring and computer setup.
- Ability to read and build from schematics.