Configurable - SST2 Robot Platform
We base these specifications on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.1" x 6.4" x 3.1"
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speed and Payload Chart: Tracked Robots
- With default selected options: up to 2 pounds depending on use
- With default selected options: 40 feet per minute (0.5 mph)
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration loadout comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Two (2) IG32 053 RPM gear motors.
- Wheels: One (1) SST Tracks and Wheels Set.
- Battery System: One (1) 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery providing roughly 1 hour of operation.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 5A RC Motor Controller.
- Control System: One (1) FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4Ghz 6Ch transmitter and receiver.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-240-001 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. You can find detailed specs on each part such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of Sabertooth and RoboClaw motor controllers.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- Bottom Cover: A bottom cover comes standard in this package. You can choose to not include one if you prefer.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to delivery.
- This item is Built to Order 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The SST is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks). The kit provides you with what you need to make a compact affordable All-Terrain tracked robot.
Configurable - SST2 Robot Platform
- Product Code: TP-240-001
- Brand: SuperDroid Robots
- Availability: Built to Order 2-5 Days
- This item does not qualify for free shipping
Available Options( Collapse All )
- SST2 Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheel Set
- M3 Steel Mounting Screw, 8mm Length, Pan Head, Phillips Drive (Pack of 16)
- SST2 chassis
- Manual linked on Item Page