Specifications and Configuration
These specifications are based on the Standard Configuration listed below. These values may change based on the options selected.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 28.0" x 22.8" x 10.0"
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Axle Mount: Single Bearing (SB) - Axles are mounted directly onto the motor shaft and supported by a single bearing
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speed and Payload Chart: 4WD IG42-SB Robots
- With default selected options: 20 to 35 pounds depending on use
- Payload range with available options: 10 to 80 pounds
- With default selected options: 319 feet per minute (3.6 mph)
- Top speed range with available options: 123 to 628 feet per minute
This is our recommended configuration and includes everything listed below. This configuration includes everything needed to make it run! Other options, including assembly, are detailed in the Available Options section.
- The standard configuration comes unassembled.
- Includes the chassis, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Gear Motors: Four (4) 122 RPM gear motors (one per axle/wheel).
- Wheels: Two (2) Pair of 10 inch pneumatic wheels.
- Battery System: Two (2) Interstate 12V 8 Ah Lead Acid Battery providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Motor Controller(s): One (1) Sabertooth Dual 12A RC Motor Controller.
- Control System: One (1) FLYSKY FS-i6 2.4Ghz 6Ch transmitter and receiver.
While we recommend the standard configuration, if you would like to customize your robot we offer many options you can choose from at the bottom of the page. The TP-047-042 kit allows for a wide range of customizations based on your needs. We offer a variety of motor controllers, batteries, RC controllers, and encoders so you can configure the robot to meet your requirements. The weight of the robot will vary depending on how the robot is configured (batteries are the main cause of this). You can find detailed specs such as weight and dimensions by clicking on the component and viewing its product page. For help selecting components, read the information below.
- Gear Motors: Choose from our selection of different RPM gear motors. As you go down in RPM, your payload capacity will go up but your speed will go down. As you go up in RPM, your payload capacity will go down but your speed will go up.
- Wheels: Choose from our selection of wheels. You can choose from our standard grip pneumatic tires or if more traction is required you can choose our rugged all terrain traction lug tires.
- Batteries: We offer a few different battery options but there are two types of batteries that we recommend using with this kit: Lead Acid and LiFePO4. The lead acid batteries are much less expensive but are heavier, do not provide any internal circuit protection, and can survive anywhere from about 200-1000 charge cycles. The LiFePO4 batteries are more expensive but are much lighter, have internal circuit breakers to prevent damaging themselves, and can survive about 1000-3000 charge cycles. The charge cycle estimates are based on the recommended depth of discharge for each battery cycle. A lead acid battery is only recommended to be discharged to about 50% of it's capacity while a LiFePO4 battery can be discharged to 100% with no long term affects.
- Motor Controllers: Choose from our selection of RoboteQ, Sabertooth, and RoboClaw motor controllers. In most configurations, a single motor controller is all that is required. The left side motors share a channel while the right side motors share the other channel. We offer the option to double the quantity in case you require encoders on all four motors.
- Encoders: This robot can be configured with encoders used for odometry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot autonomous or semi-autonomous. For encoders, select motors with encoders and the appropriate motor controller and encoder hookup. Linked below in the documentation and support section are some resources that help in selecting encoder options.
- RC Controllers: We offer several options for controlling your platform. If you are planning on using this robot with a microcontroller, Wi-Fi control package, or similar device an RC controller is not necessary.
- WiFi Control Package: We offer an option to control your robot with a WiFi package. If you wish to have encoder feedback, there is an option for WiFi Package with encoder input.
Custom Chassis Size: Your chassis length is determined based on the distance between the center of your axles. To accommodate for the motor housing, the chassis will extend 2 inches beyond this length on both sides. In other words, the total length of your chassis will be 4 inches longer than the length you provide. Your chassis width is based on the width you provide. It does not include the width of the wheels, just the chassis.
Your chassis width is impacted by the gear motors you choose, as well as if you choose to include encoders. The slower the RPM or the larger the motor, the wider the chassis has to become to accommodate the larger motors. You need to make sure that you select a width that is wide enough to fit the motors. For example, if you are using 82 RPM motors without encoders, the chassis plate needs to be at least 21" wide. For 82 RPM motors with encoders the chassis plate needs to be at least 22" wide. You can find the length of the motors and encoders on any of the IG52 motor item pages.
- Standard size: 22" (18" center to center) x 15" wide
- Length Minimum/Maximum Range: 18" - 24"
- Width Minimum/Maximum Range: 15" - 22"
- Covers: You can choose from different covers or select no cover and keep it an open chassis.
- Assembly: You can choose if you'd like our team to assemble the kit prior to delivery. If you have selected encoders and want assembly you must select the assembly with encoders. The in-house assembly will typically add a week to the delivery time.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Built to Order 2-5 Days.
- Assembly will add approximately 1 week.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The image gallery displays possible configurations of this robot.
This is a configurable robot kit with selectable options at the bottom of the page. The options are pre-selected to reflect our recommended configuration but can be changed to suit your needs.
This robotic platform allows you to customize the length and width of your chassis, making it a great choice for projects that have specific size requirements! As with our standard kits, this custom size platform allows you to build your kit from the ground up! That means you can choose the type of motors, wheels, controllers, batteries, and other components to meet your needs.
All of our robots are designed and fabricated in North Carolina, USA and are fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics.
Configurable - IG42-SB4-T, Custom Size 4WD All Terrain Robot
- Product Code: TP-047-042
- Availability: Built to Order 2-5 Days
- This item does not qualify for free shipping