CUSTOM MLT-JR Tracked Development Robot Platform with Arduino and 6-DOF Arm - SOLD
- Includes chassis, hardware, electronics. It's all assembled, tested and ready-to-go.
- MLT Pair of Molded Spliceless Tracks and Wheels Set.
- Qty 2: 24VDC IG32P 75RPM planetary gear motors with encoders.
- Dagu 6DOF Arm. Mounted on a custom aluminum upper deck
- Qty 2: LiPo Battery 11.1V 2200 mAh Run in serries. Providing a up to 3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Qty 2: 4-AA Battery Holder Run in parallel. Providing power for the arm servos. 8 AA Alkaline batteries requried
- Includes battery charger.
- This robot comes complete with a Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver.
- A servo controller for the arm Pololu Mini Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled). Fully wired and hooked up with the AA Battery packs and Dagu Arm.
- Arduino Uno Programable Controller Programmed to talk with the Maestro and Sabertooth to control the arm and drive the robot.
- Variable speed and direction differential drive/steering.
- The total weight of this configuration is ~8 lbs.
Documentation and Support
- Need some sample code to get you started? Check out our GitHub!
- How to Build a Robot - Support and Videos
- MLT-JR Support Page
- Autonomous Robot Building Support Page (recommended accessories, etc overview for everything you may need to get your robot running autonomously)
- Programmable Controller Support
- Sensor Support
- Encoder Support
- Click here to view a CAD drawing of this robot
- The robot is prebuilt and ready to ship. Please allow 1-2 days for packaging.
- Need it faster? Contact us
The automation code that is on the MLT-JR(as seen below in video one) is on our GitHub. Check it out here.
This is a beefed up prebuilt of the MLT-JR Arduino Development Platform TP-220-002. We have added a 6 Degree of Freedom (6-DOF) arm to the robot platform with a Pololu Mini Maestro 12-Servo Controller (it has 6 spare channels for your future expansion). The robot is ready to ship, fully assembled and ready to run. The Arduino robot is configured as listed below. If you require further customization, please fill out our custom robot request form.
The MLT-JR is designed and fabricated in North Carolina USA and fully supported by SuperDroid Robots, an industry leader in robotics. It is a smaller version of our LT2 and HD2 tanks but built with the same high level of quality, strength, power, etc. This is not a plastic imported robot that will disappoint you. It performs exceptionally well for its size and is intended as a small maneuverable customizable tracked robot platform.
The robot comes with a welded aluminum chassis, wheels hubs and tracks. Each track is driven by a planetary gear motor delivering smooth reliable power. The sprocket wheels are mounted directly to the motor output shaft and an idler wheel is bolted to the chassis. The tracks are molded 4 ply seamless tracks offering exceptional strength and quality. The motor and track combination allow this robot to go over most terrain, yet its size makes it very maneuverable indoors. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body. It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its tracks).
This programmable robot development package includes an authentic programmable Arduino controller for easy autonomous robot control. Using the top open-source platform for robot software development, our Arduino controllers provide the stability and performance desired by those experienced with designing robots.
Included is the Dagu 6 Degrees of Freedom Robotic Arm which is made from 3mm thick aluminum sheet and uses 4x DGServo S06NF STD servos for the base and the arm. It also has 2x DGServo S05NF STD micro servos operate the wrist and gripper. The 6 degrees of Freedom allows the arm to move into many positions. This is a great entry-level arm to studying servo and kinematic movements. Coupled with the MLT-JR platform this makes a great mobile development platform with an arm!