WC400-DB4, 4WD All Terrain Robot Platform - WC DB - DISCONTINUED
This model has been discontinued. Click here to view the current model!
Sorry, this item does not qualify for free shipping.
This is a complete package that includes everything listed below. The package includes everything needed to make it run! The components and specifications are listed below for the default configuration. Other options, including assembly, using are available at the bottom of the page.
- Includes the chassis, bearings, chain and sprockets, hardware, and wiring kits.
- Two powerful 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors connected to the axles by #40 chain and sprockets.
- The axles of the front and rear wheels on each side are coupled with #35 chain and sprockets giving the robot 4WD.
- 13 inch tiller wheels with solid steel axles and pillow block bearings.
- Qty. 2 12V 35Ah batteries providing 1-3 hours of operation depending on use.
- Includes battery charger.
- Sabertooth 2x60 Motor Controller.
- Other Electronics Components:
- This kit comes unassembled. As an option below you can select mechanical or full assembly.
- Specifications of this configuration:
- Drive Method: Chain drive with a 10:18 reduction (gear motor to drive wheels).
- Axle Mount: Dual Bearing (DB) - the axles are mounted on two heavy duty pillow block bearings.
- Speed: 2.9 mph (with 135 RPM motors, its 10:18 reduction, and 13" wheels). Different gear reductions can be requested to vary speed and power. Use our Robot Speed Calculator for calculating the speed with different gear reductions.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 38 x 39 x 19 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 140lbs.
- Capacity: Payload of approximately 150lbs.
Available Options(Selected Below)
The standard items and options are listed below. They are listed as links and can be clicked to view further details. We offer many different motors, motor controllers, batteries, etc. so you can configure the robot to your exact needs. The weight of the robot, its capacity, etc. depend on how the robot is configured. The item details of the options listed below will specify weights, sizes, etc. This robot platform is a skid steer robot (left and right wheels are slowed down, stopped or reversed to turn). Since it has to skid to steer, friction is the major contributing factor for sizing your components. The more the robot weighs, the harder to turn. The higher the friction coefficient (deep grass, carpet, etc.), the harder it is to turn. The lower RPM motors have lower speed, but more torque for easier turning. The default options listed below are what we recommend as a good starting point. Contact us if you need help selecting options or need custom gearing or other configuration.
This robot can be configured with encoders used for telemetry and/or speed control. They are very useful if you are planning on making your robot semi-autonomous. Our motors use hall-effect encoders.
For help selecting the encoder options, read this blog post:
For more information, check out these blog posts:
- RoboteQ XDC2460 controller: Speed controller with encoder input
- Encoder CPR
- Encoder Support Overview
Contact us if you need help selecting options or need a custom configuration.
Documentation and Support
- This item is Discontinued.
- Assembly will add approximately 2 weeks.
- Need it faster? Contact us
This is 4WD robot kit that uses our heavy duty 135 RPM Wheel Chair Motors and our 13" tiller tires. The wheels are mounted on 0.75" OD solid steel axles, each of which are supported by two heavy duty pillow block bearings. The front and rear wheels are chain coupled, giving the robot 4WD. The robot uses differential steering (movement is based on two separately driven wheels placed on either side of the robot body). It can thus change its direction by varying the relative rate of rotation of its wheels and "pivot turn" in place. This is the same chassis we use for our 4WD RC Snowplow